Prevalently known as 'Little Israel', Kasol is an excellent town in Himachal Pradesh, northern India. It is found 42 km east of Kullu at the stature of 1640 meters. Beginning at the intersection of River Parvati and River Beas, the valley is celebrated for its lovely as an image coniferous timberlands and completely clear mountain streams. Settled in these sylvan slopes is the enchanting town of Kasol.
Radiant in normal magnificence, Kasol is quickly developing as a centre for hikers, trekkers and nature sweethearts. It is yet to be destroyed by commercialization. In any case, it is likewise one of those spots you need to strike off your container list before you have youngsters as it is home to a profound established nearby culture of pot and flower child tints. Regardless of whether you are not into both of those, there are numerous different activities in Kasol.
Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Kasol in May-June or November- February. The weather is just perfect at this time.
Ways to reach:
By air- The nearest airport is in Kullu Manali which is 30 km away. Frequent flights are there to Chandigarh and Delhi from here. Cabs can take you to and from the airport in less than an hour.
By train- The nearest railway station is in Joginder Nagar which is 140 km away from Kasol. There are frequent buses which can drop you at Kasol from here in 4-5 hours.
By road- The most ideal approach to reach Kasol is by street in the event that you are leaving from Delhi, Chandigarh or Manali. There are extravagance transports kept running by HRTC from Delhi, Chandigarh, Manali and numerous other fundamental urban communities, The roads are well built and maintained.
By bus- Frequent bus service is there connecting Kasol to all major cities of Himachal Pradesh.
Places to stay:
- The Hotseller- Situated at a prime location, this hotel is quite known and is nearby the Parvati River. Rooms are 2000 per night.
- The Gypsy Hideout- It is around 20 km from the airport and rooms are 500-1000 per night.
- Nomads Hotel- This hotel is built for backpackers and travellers who travel in groups. Rooms are double, 4 or 8 people sharing. The charges are between 400 to 800 per night.
Things to do in Kasol:
- Stroll by the banks of Parvati River-. Each curve in the stream opens up to an energizing vista of pine trees, bluffs and cascades. This is confined with snow-topped pinnacles puncturing the cheerful blue sky at the skyline. An incredible site to take those photos you could flaunt on your divider.
- Go for a long stroll to Malana or Tosh- Malana is celebrated for its unmistakable culture and the sanctuary of Jamlu Devta. The general population of this tranquil villa live in purposeful confinement. They trust themselves to be the relatives of Aryans and that the immaculateness of their race would be undermined by collaboration with outcasts. They have their own legislature and don't think about themselves inside the purview of the Indian government. Most state it is a spread for a furious industry of cannabis. Having said that, Malana is a town of awe-inspiring magnificence. It is frequently alluded to as 'Little Greece', as local people accept to have plummeted from the ancestry of Alexander the Great.
- Trek to KheerGanga- Trek to Kheer Ganga is a nine km,four-hour soak hop on thin and dubious trails. To the extent treks go, this is likely one of the least demanding to do from Kasol. Those not in the prime of their wellbeing still may discover the climb to Kheer Ganga preferably progressively over testing. Lie in the hot shower for a superbly mitigating background. It is serenity joined with stunning magnificence. The close-by villas give a lot of shabby conveniences and superb nourishment.
Festivals in Kasol:
Major festivals celebrated here are-
- Indrasan Festival in May
- Summer Hills Festivals in June, July
- Kasol Music Festival in December
Must eat foods in Kaosl:
Tibetan food is a must try. The best restaurants here at Evergreen Café ( try out the lasagne, oreo shake and Israeli pizza) which has continental cuisine and Turquoise Kasol. Items to try are Momos, egg Paratha, Thukpa, Apple Crumble pie with coffee, Waffles and crepes and Kasol special apples.
Shopping and markets:
In Kasol you will get some cool pendants, hippie stuff, warm knit clothes, etc.
Festival Calendar of Kasol
|June||Summer Hills Festival, Electric Mahadev Festival|
|July||Summer Hills Festival|
|Dec||Kasol Music festival|