City: Agra - detail page
Best Time to Visit: -Travelers flock around Agra whole year round. Winters (Octobers to March) here are the best time to visit due to the pleasant days. But we suggest visiting during a festival to get a rich experience of the city,
Connectivity: -Agra is well connected with air, train or road. One can make a choice of the service according to one's needs and adjustments. Just 200 km away from Delhi makes it very gettable by high-speed trains and they are a very good option.
Places to stay: -There are many options from the ones with a beautiful view of Taj to the other normal ones with every budget range.
Things to do in Agra: -Sightseeing: - There are various eye-catching buildings and places all over the city. Some places to visit are given below: Taj Mahal is always on the agenda, Fatehpur Sikri which is at some distance from the city is also a must visit place. Other places are Tomb of Itimad-ud-daulah, Agra Fort, Akbar’s Tomb. Food: -The local Mughlai cuisine known for its variety and its appetizing nature can make anyone drool over it. Mughlai food is must have over the local places. Agra Petha is one thing which makes the trip complete. Also, the local Bedhai’s are must have in local street stands of Agra. Shopping or markets: -There are many traditional shopping centres and bazaars. It is home to many craftspeople’s. Agra is known for its leather markets.
• Sadar Bazar: known for its leather products, handicrafts, ethnic clothing and many more things to take back home.
• Subhash bazar: known for silk products, and can be a good spot to find silk sarees at a very reasonable price.
• Kinari Bazar: Also known for handicrafts, ethnic clothing, leather products and stones like marbles
1. Bargaining would you help land some pretty amazing deals.
2. Don’t miss the sunsets around Taj Mahal they are very beautiful.
3. Get yourself a souvenir of”Bric-a-Brac “which is a small replica of Taj Mahal.
Tours And Packages
Festival Calendar of Agra
|Feb||Taj Mahotsav |
Agra Balloon Festival
|Mar||Ram Barat |
|Nov||Cattle Fair (Bateshwar)|
City of Taj
Agra, about 200kms away from Delhi, is a must visit city for any tourist in India. Home to one of the best known seven wonders of world “TAJ MAHAL”, also known as a symbol of love. Agra is not a symbol of love but it also signifies the work of architecture done by Mughals. Also known for the amazing handicraft and leather works.
Need Selfish Travel Help?
We would be happy to help you!