Planning a long trip can be a daunting task. It includes where to begin? What’s step one? What’s step two? What’s step three? At the initial it feels exciting to have an idea of going on a trip or planning a holiday. You may plan a trip with your family, friends or with your spouse. At first you are overwhelmed but when you actually work on planning a trip it gets a bit complicated if you have not done it before. So you need various references and resources to successfully plan a trip with in your budget. This is because if you don’t have anything pre-planned then there’s possibility that you miss out some important and ‘you like’ places or you might run out of budget. So we have created this step-by-step guide to planning a trip that breaks the process down so planning becomes easier and less overwhelming.
So the question now arises from where to start.
1. And the beginning is always the end i.e. the destination because once you have decided the destination; you get a clear picture about the city or the place which will eventually help you to plan the rest. Defining where you want to go sets a goal to work toward. Picking a destination is immensely important, because it will not only your trip become more concrete for you and easier to commit to, but it will make planning easier as well.
2. Along with deciding the destination, planning the length of your trip is another major essential. For an instance if you want a long trip or a short one according to your budget. You should have the rough dates beforehand in your mind to check for travel tickets and accommodations.
3. Because without the planning the length of you trip you can have no answer to the question “How much does it cost to travel?” You can’t figure out how much you need to save if you haven’t decided on how long you’ll be in your destination. So you know where you’re going and how long you’ll be there, but to really nail down how much money you need, your next task is to research the costs in your destination at the style of travel you want. Whether you want luxury transport or a normal one and whether you opt for luxury stay or just a good stay, everything depends on how much you save and your budget.
4. Next thing is you need to know details about the place you want to visit. You need enquire about the tourist places, religious places, places for adventure sports (if any), things to buy in that city, places to enjoy night life of that city etc. Enlist everything you want to do while on the vacation to the place and all the recreation that the city offers. This will make your to-do list easier. All this is covered in the on the website page for every city on selfishtravel.
5. After all these basic pre-requisites you need to have a detailed search of affordable and comfortable transportation. Whether its roadways, railways or airways, the first thing you need to do is decide what to take
After being flexible with the dates and destinations, you need to book flights or trains. You can use various trusted apps to book you transportation at minimum price.
6. Then you need to shift your plan towards accommodation. Explore all the hotels online, see reviews, ask questions and do whatever possible to book your hotel. But this must be done after you have scheduled everything like which place to visit on what day. You can book several hotels keeping in mind the distance of your destinations. If you have a set schedule, feel free to book accommodation for the duration of your trip, but if you are going to be traveling long-term, book just the first few days. Contact people on hospitality websites and ask if they would be willing to host you. Always go for last minute offers for booking fight or hotels to avail maximum discount.
Sketch out the major activities you want to enjoy and how much they cost. Make any last-minute adjustments to your savings so you can ensure you have enough money. This will also help you figure out if you need any reservations for your chosen tours or activities. Explore places where you will get good food and authentic food of the place at an affordable price. Get a local guide to help you out in searching various street foods of the city. And if you are traveling outside your country don’t forget to take your bisayare with you every time you go out. These are the basic things you need to keep in mind to plan a trip. And the Most important thing is to enjoy the trip to the fullest.