Varanasi, also known as Banaras or Kashi is a holy city based on banks of Ganges in Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi is one of the oldest and sacred cities of India. It’s one of the biggest religious center for Hindus in India, Millions of peoples visit Varanasi every year. The cool breeze around the Ghats are mesmerizing. Varanasi has one of best river frontage.
Photos of Varanasi News of Varanasi
Weather ReportVARANASI WEATHER
- There are Total 64 ghats at Varanasi
- Take out some time and visit Ramnagar fort
- In Kachaudi galli, try hot kachaudi and jalebi. Great taste and cheap price. Meals can be pretty similar at all places but you can still try Daal Baati
- Morning sunrise boating is must there
- Don’t miss the Ganga Aarti, it is an amazing experience.
- The old city of Varanasi extends about two kilometres back from the river and is a maze of alleyways and streets.
|April||Sankat Mochan Music Festival|
|Nov||Ganga Mahotsav, |
Tours And Packages
Description of Varanasi
Best Time to Visit: -Travellers flock around Varanasi whole year round. Weather here is always decent and does not affect much, but one should visit here in festivals like Holi, Diwali this helps to know the beauty of culture here.
Connectivity : -Varanasi is well connected with air, train or road. One can make a choice of the service according to ones needs and adjustments. There are regular flights and train from major cities in India. Varanasi is 115kms away from Allahabad, 215kms from Patna, 270 km from Lucknow the state capital.
Places to stay: -There are many options for stay from the hotels with view to the best hotels. Options for guest house is also available in Varanasi.
Things to do in Varanasi: -
Sightseeing: -There are various eye catching buildings and places all over the city.
Kashi Vishwanath Temple is place of attraction here,it’s a temple of Lord Shiva.
Dashashwamedh Ghat is main ghat in Varanasi and is near to Vishwanath Temple. Dhamek Stupa is a Buddhist holy place.
Ramnagar fort is a sandstone fort which is now a museum for vintage cars, armory, costumes.
Can try Ghat tours by boats.
There are endless Ghats to visit in Varanasi.
Food:-The food here is influenced by North Indian food culture.
Try following food items in here:
Kachori Sabzi is popular breakfast item here,they taste great with some Jalebis.
Makkhan Malaiyyo or Nimish is street style influenced desert and is must try.
Choora matar is twist to the poha and is also a popular breakfast
Banarasi Paan is must have thing
Other things to try are: Baati chokha, Bhels, chats.
Shopping and markets:-1. Godowlia Market-This market is famous for outfits or clothing’s.
2. Vishwanath Lane-Popular for craft works and toys, there are many shops selling small wooden toys.
3. Thatheri Market: Known for religious artifacts made of copper and other metals and also known for the tradional banaras clothings.
Tips: -1. Bargaining would you help land some pretty amazing deals.
2. Don’t miss the sunsets. They are very beautiful.
3. Drink lot of water to keep yourself from dehydration