City of Lakes
Udaipur, the beautiful city of Rajasthan, also known city of lakes. It’s beautifully places between 3 lakes and is filled with many serene locations all over. Udaipur used to be capital of Mewar during Rajput kingdom and Udaipur also signifies the bravery and courage of those great rulers. Udaipur is one most visited tourist place in North India. The beauty of Udaipur beats into heart of visitors for long time.
Photos of Udaipur News of Udaipur
Weather ReportUDAIPUR WEATHER
- Well Connected with Mumbai and Delhi through highway NH 8
|Feb||World Music Festival|
|April||• Mewar Festival (8-10 April, 2019)|
|May||Shagun Lifestyle N Wedding Expo 2018 (18th May, 2018 – 19:00) |
Summer Blast Festival - 25th May
|Aug||• India Adventure – Camels & Canines & Cows, Oh My! (21st Aug, 2018 – 20:00)|
Description of Udaipur
Best Time to Visit: -Travelers flock around Udaipur whole year round. Winters (Octobers to March) here are the best time to visit due to the pleasant days. But the cold nights need to be kept in mind and woolens should be kept.
Connectivity : -Udaipur is well connected with air, train or road. One can make a choice of the service according to ones needs and adjustments. By road Udaipur is 400 kms from Jaipur, 275kms from Jodhpur, 250kms from Ahmedabad.
Places to stay: -There are many options for stay from the ancient styled palaces to the best hotels. We suggest to stay in a Haveli styled hotel to enhance stay experience.
Things to do in Udaipur: -
Sightseeing: -There are various eye catching buildings and places all over the city. Lake Palace in Udaipur is built on side banks of lake and is 200 year old architectural site which is very scenic.
Lake Pichola is a lake around city famous for boat rides.
Saheliyon ki baari is a popular garden with fountains and a science museum
Other places to visit are: Fateh Sagar lake, Monsoon Palace, Jagdish Temple, Sajjangarh Biological park, Nehru Garden .There are many other Garden , Ghats, Museum which can be visited.
Food: -The local Rajasthani cuisine known for its variety and its appetizing nature can make anyone drool over it.
The Daal Baati-Churma is a must try. Ghevar, Pyaj Kachori, Gajak are other foods and sweets to try. Also try Bread Pakoda, Mirchi Pakoda.
Shopping or markets: -There are variety of markets ranging from cultural items to textiles and antique jewelry,leather items.
1. Bada Bazar: It’s the place where everything Rajasthani is found from the clothes to souvenir’s, Jewelry made from camel bone. very unique items can be found here.
2. Chetak Circle: It’s known for handicrafts, brass jewelry, also for spices and herbs.
3. Bapu Bazar: It’s known for grabbing souvenirs, here one may find things for everyone and with it you can also enjoy scrumptious street food.
4. Shilpgram: Gives glimpse of Rural Rajasthan, beautiful mud huts and wooden houses.
It’s popular for items like handmade paintings, wooden furniture, pottery and clothes.
Tips: -1. Bargaining would you help land some pretty amazing deals.
2. Don’t miss the sunsets. They are very beautiful.
3. Drink lot of water to keep yourself from dehydration.