The Golden City
Jaisalmer, better can be called as golden city which is situated deep in the heart of Thar Desert. The city was formed when settlements came to celebrate the rulers in the region, The Jaisalmer fort stands firm and marks the valor of the Rajput rulers. The rich merchants with help of stone-craftsman formed very colorful and eye catching havelis all over the place. It’s the best in location amidst the sand dunes and conditions make it favorable for camel safaris.
Photos of Jaisalmer News of Jaisalmer
Weather ReportJAISALMER WEATHER
- Khadi Gramodyog Bhawan is government run stores present across town to purchase handicrafts goods. It is present at Sadar Bazaar, Seema Gram
Tours And Packages
Description of Jaisalmer
Best Time to Visit: -The months of November to March is winter season in Jaisalmer and the temperature is very bearable to do the activities like desert safaris and also the temperature does not fall below 7 -8 degrees.
Connectivity: -Jodhpur is the nearest big city with and airport and railway station which is connected to most of the cities in the India. And Jaisalmer is connected to Jodhpur with meter gauge. Also Jaisalmer is connected to other big cities in region with proper roads.
Places to stay: -There are many options from the heritage hotels, palace hotels, boutique hotels, guest house to home stays so u can decide accordingly.
Things to do in Agra: -Sightseeing: - There are various eye-catching buildings and places all over the city, and the richness of the craftsmanship can be seen all over city. Places to visit-Jaisalmer fort is a sight to behold and gives a display of rich Rajasthani architecture. There are many Havelis which are sight to sore eyes displaying amalgam of Rajasthani Architecture and Islamic Art(Salim singh ki haveli ,Patwon ki haveli,Nathmal ki haveli)
Gaddissar Lake is an artificial lake around the city.
Vyas Chhatri is sunset point which gives beautiful view of Jaisalmer.
Sam Sand Dunes are a major attraction and is known for desert safari.
Also there is a desert festival in the city which happens in the month of January/February.
Food: - In Rajasthan the food is typically spicy accompanied with small amounts of jaggery in plates. Dal baati churma is the best food in here. Ker sangri is a vegetable dish prepared from desert beans and cappers. Gatte ki sabji is also a vegetable dish prepared from gram flour pieces in spicy gravy. Bhang will get you going and there are many legal shops for it.Also visit Dhanraj Ranmal Bhatia Sweets and get some Gotua ladoos and Panchdhari ladoos.
Shopping or markets: -There are many traditional shopping bazaars. It is home to many craftspeople’s.
• Sadar Bazar: Is a market where you can find anything you are looking for in Jaisalmer from handicrafts to souvenirs like gems and jewellery and also some handcrafted jootis.
• Sonaron ka bass: Is a jewellery market which deals in gold and silver jewellery with precious and semi precious stones.
• Bhatia Bazar: known for its cotton and silk embroideries ,leather goods and mirror work items. Also there are many shops in and around the Jaisalmer fort .
Tips: -1. Bargaining would you help land some pretty amazing deals.
2. Don’t miss the sunsets from Vyas chhatri they are very beautiful.
3. Do the camel safari because there are not many places in India which can be done.