The Capital City
Delhi has been continuously inhabited since the 6th century BC.Through most of its history, Delhi has served as a capital of various kingdoms and empires. It has been captured, ransacked and rebuilt several times, particularly during the medieval period, and modern Delhi is a cluster of a number of cities spread across the metropolitan region. A union territory, the political administration of the NCT of Delhi today more closely resembles that of a state of India, with its own legislature, high court and an executive council of ministers headed by a Chief Minister. New Delhi is jointly administered by the federal government of India and the local government of Delhi, and is the capital of the NCT of Delhi. Taken from Wikipedia
Photos of Delhi News of Delhi
Weather ReportDELHI WEATHER
- Uber and Ola or other smartphone travel apps are the best way to travel locally if you want to avoid the hassle of bargaining
- Most of the cafes will provide you free wifi if you ask them
- Try to find a Hotel near your focus area,most of the hotels are put in karol bagh and paharganj
- According to travel backpacking index , delhi ranks one among top 25 cheapest places to travel so don't get tricked by high rates
- Metro travellers card is available for 150 rupees for one day and 300 rupees for 3 days and it is refundable.
- Traffic Jams occur during office hours which are in morning from 9 AM- 11 AM and 5 PM to 8 PM
- Learn to bargain like Indian
- You can keep your luggage on IGIT T3 - Airport Connect Building (Metro Station). You Can also ask the same from any information booth/ Airport helper over there.
|Jan||SATTE – (16-18 Jan, 2019) |
26 Jan - Republic Day Celebration,
Beating the retreat ceremony (29th January Raj Path)
|June||Hot weather, can go upto 48C,|
International Travel Roadshow (12 Jun 2018)
Mango festival(Dilli Haat)"
|July||Unicef Adventure Expo (UAE) (28-29 Jul 2018) |
Mango Festival(Dilli Haat)
|Aug||Independence Day Celebration,|
|Sept||India International Travel Mart (Sept, 2018)|
|Oct||Business and Luxury Travel Mart Delhi (BLTM) (Oct, 2018) |
Durga Puja ( CR Park, Delhi)
International Trade fair
|Dec||Christmas and New years|
Tours And Packages
Description of Delhi
1. Best Time to visit:-Whenever you visit a place there is always a good time to visit the place. One can visit Delhi during Feb/March or Oct/Nov, because summers have extreme temperatures and in winters there's a lot of fog or smog. Rains do make it look beautiful, but again traffic makes it a bad experience.
2. Stay Arrangement:-When visiting Delhi you will need a place to stay, there are many open options ranging from best in class hotels to budget-friendly ones some of them are given in the stay section of the page
Things to do In Delhi :
Sightseeing:-Delhi has always been known for its beautiful history, it has many historical places to visit Red Fort, Qutub Minar, India gate etc
Food:-Food can also be a reason for visit to Delhi. Delhi has best street food places most of them are situated in old Delhi Chandni Chowk. Other good places include Hauz Khas Village, Khan market, Connaught palace, DLF cyber hub.
Shopping:-It has markets for everyone from Janpath market for souvenirs to Gaffar market for the tech-savvy population. Other good markets are Dilli haat, Khan market, Sarojini Nagar.
Tips:-• Don't forget your camera. You can capture some breathtaking stills around.
• Can visit nearby tourist places:- Hansi, Mathura, Agra, Vrindavan etc.