Traveling is fun and when it comes to a tourist place you might want to spend your money wisely. We strolled the streets of Jaipur visiting a bunch of different places to find the perfect balance between the money spent and the experience gained. We like to call it "Money well spent."
Here is a list of 5 different places you should definitely check out while your stay in Jaipur. For your reference, we have also added to why should you visit these places.
- Hawa Mahal or the Palace of wind: - Visiting this place has several benefits as this monument is in the center of the old city of the Jaipur and the main market. During those days, Rajput royal women did not appear in public or in front of strangers. However, they were keen to follow the day-to-day events and royal processions occurring on the streets. So for the rani's this palace of winds was build.
- This is on our list because of its location advantage, the photographic beauty, close to many eating places like(LMB) and of course it is one of the most visited places in Jaipur...
- Amber Fort: Raja Man Singh built this fort in 1592 AD and Raja Jai Singh I expanded and renovated it later. While many such old structures have been either destroyed or replaced by other things, this fort has stood against all the tests of time and invasions. This fort hosts many buildings like the sheesh mahal and diwan-i-aam.
- Of all the three forts this is the one which is very easy and cheap to reach, it has various places to have food just outside its gate. In addition to that Rajasthan, tourism has introduced Night tourism so it is even fascinating to spend an evening in the fort. Further, this place is very close to 2 offbeat places the Sagar(non-touristy calm place) and Panna Meena ka Kund (highly photographic).
- Monkey Temple: While for some it will be a very ordinary hanuman ji's temple, for some a place of devotion and for the rest, it is a place of complete fantasy. This place hosts numerous monkeys not only that the monkeys are friendly also. People often wonder how well the humans and the monkeys connect at this temple of Hindu god Hanuman Ji.
- City Palace: This place is at the center of the city at a walking distance from Hawa Mahal. This place is relatively new and the decedents of Raja still live here popularly known by the Royal Family.
- this palace hosts the vehicles, the armory from the time.As this is a relatively new place so it is good in condition when compared to other places in Jaipur and uniquely in its own way showcases the old times.
- Lassiwala: How can we end the post without a bit of sweetness. The famous Lassiwala on the MI road who would give you a stomach warming Lassi for a really good price. And please be early because the lassi starts selling from 7:30 AM till all is finished and that would be before evening.
Source of Images: Google Images
India : A goto destination for medical aid
Online Booking of Delhi Monuments
FIVE Indian festivals never to be missed
Why should you really travel to India?
How to get in India: Visa possibility
The Perfect Weekend Getaway!
7 things to keep in mind while boat riding the ganges
9 Trekking tips for first timers
The orginal post is taken from the Blogspot Account of Selfish Travel. Click to go to orginal post.