Munnar is one of the most preferred destinations for holidaying, especially in summers. Apart from the awesome weather and picturesque landscape, it's cuisine is one of the most diverse cuisines because it has a blend of French, Portuguese, Arab, Syrian and many more regional cuisines.
I would not be exaggerating at all if I say, Munnar is no less than heaven for food lovers. And the most striking feature about Munnar’s food is its traditional richness that one can find in almost each and everything that it offers.
Here are some of the famous dishes to try in Munnar:
- Kerala prawn curry – The Karelian curry is sprinkled with chilly, salt, pepper and then dipped in a whole lot of coconut with jaggery and finally finished with curry leaves.
- Appam with stew – A rice pancake having the soft and thick centre and paper thin outside.
- Sadhya – also known as traditional Kerala thali. It is served in a banana leaf and includes many vegetarian curries to be eaten with rice and the final desert course will be Payasam (the ultimate desert of Kerala).
- Puttu and Kadala Curry – Puttu is a cylindrical steamed rice cake cooked with coconut shavings, usually served with kadala curry but can also be relished with ripe bananas and grated coconut.
- Idiyappam with egg curry – Idiyappam is made of rice flour, salt and water, you can pair it with all kinds of curries.
- Naaden beef fry and Malabar parotha – Generally Idiyappam Kerala style Malabar parotha and rice are accompanied by beef, fish and meat.
Besides all these, the street food in Munnar is also something you cannot miss upon.
Munnar has beautifully preserved its traditional values and you will find the traditional feel in almost everything and anything, from serving their famous Karelian dishes in banana leaves to putting coconut in almost everything they serve. It is definitely a must to go place once in a lifetime.
India : A goto destination for medical aid
Online Booking of Delhi Monuments
FIVE Indian festivals never to be missed
Why should you really travel to India?
5 Must things to do in Jaipur
How to get in India: Visa possibility
The Perfect Weekend Getaway!
7 things to keep in mind while boat riding the ganges
9 Trekking tips for first timers
10 Non–Vegetarian Restaurants in Delhi
Best Markets in Delhi
Taste Of Assam: Top 10 Mouth Watering Dishes To Try Out When In Assam
7 Street Food Of Jaipur - For The Foodie In You
Best Hostels in Delhi
14 Best Ashrams in India
9 Best Hostels in Jaipur
5 things to shop in Varanasi
The orginal post is taken from the Blogspot Account of Selfish Travel. Click to go to orginal post.